Thursday, April 3, 2008

Quote by Thomas Lauren Friedman

Just came across a quote by an American journalist Thomas Lauren Friedman
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Friedman .
"When we were young kids growing up in America, we were Told to eat our vegetables at dinner and not leave them. Mothers said, think of the starving children in India And finish the dinner.'
And now I tell my children: 'Finish your homework. Think of the children in India Who would make you starve, if you don’t.’?”
My comment on this. Well its business and not about starving. I think india was definetly not starving before outsourcing and after outsourcing. The companies outsource because of good IT talent and reasonable labour rate. I am sure no one comes to India to donate money. Indian software companies are also listed on NASDAQ and also provide jobs to US citizens. I can understand the recruitment rate is not so good as compared to Indians in a company , but i am sure it will rise. They pay heavy taxes to US Goverment and etc etc.
I think i will amend that statement.

"When we were young kids growing up in America, we were Told to eat our vegetables at dinner and not leave them. Mothers said, think about how Indians do not waste food.'
And now I tell my children: 'Finish your homework and be competitive like Indians?”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really great and inspiring.

Anonymous said...

I am staying in US and i sometimes feel that people over here think they are doing some kind of charity by giving us work. I agree its not about starving its about business. These statements of Mr Lauren are really bad and hurts the Indian IT and BPO employees in India.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.