Ok, I was thinking of venturing in to something new :- IT news paper. We did a market study for two month.I had about 2 days of full meeting with my internal team , regarding should we start the IT news paper or not. We rejected the idea of not starting IT news paper. Here are some points why we concluded the same , who knows can be useful to you :-
- If you start a news paper you need to bear the printing cost for atleast 6 months if its a weekly new paper. This is because till you do not get advertisements news paper sales are your only earning.
- Indian shopkeeper takes 25 % of the news paper cost while the distrubuter takes 10 %.
- IT news papers are not sales constant. What i mean is Indiatimes will have a constant sales. But a IT news papers sales can vary depending on that issues content. So sometimes you can sell really high and some times really low.
- You need to make sure you write and meet your issue dead lines....So constant work.
- Need to keep 3 months rolling money in the market.
- Most of the current IT news papers ( Weekly) do not sell more than 2000 copies monthly. I think they mostly survive of ads. But i think giving Ads in IT websites are more better than hard copy new papers. I really do not think that the companies must be giving huge money for placing those ads.
- I really doubt people will buy news paper to read technical....Google gives you more than that free of cost and better articles.
One more point in IT new paper you need to provide CD also....So the cost jacks up. Second readers expect it as a comple\iment
Post a Comment