Ok, I was thinking of venturing in to something new :- IT news paper. We did a market study for two month.I had about 2 days of full meeting with my internal team , regarding should we start the IT news paper or not. We rejected the idea of not starting IT news paper. Here are some points why we concluded the same , who knows can be useful to you :-
- If you start a news paper you need to bear the printing cost for atleast 6 months if its a weekly new paper. This is because till you do not get advertisements news paper sales are your only earning.
- Indian shopkeeper takes 25 % of the news paper cost while the distrubuter takes 10 %.
- IT news papers are not sales constant. What i mean is Indiatimes will have a constant sales. But a IT news papers sales can vary depending on that issues content. So sometimes you can sell really high and some times really low.
- You need to make sure you write and meet your issue dead lines....So constant work.
- Need to keep 3 months rolling money in the market.
- Most of the current IT news papers ( Weekly) do not sell more than 2000 copies monthly. I think they mostly survive of ads. But i think giving Ads in IT websites are more better than hard copy new papers. I really do not think that the companies must be giving huge money for placing those ads.
- I really doubt people will buy news paper to read technical....Google gives you more than that free of cost and better articles.